[FWTools] Question to python-tools in Windows 7

Daniel Dye ddye at weogeo.com
Fri May 18 08:06:07 EST 2012

Kai,

I spent about a year bouncing back and forth between the ArcGIS
provided Python and the one provided by FWTools/OSGeo4W and it became
increasingly frustrating.  If I could go back in time, I would tell
myself the following: "Take the time to look at the
setfw.bat/setfwenv.bat and to figure out how it modifies your
environment.  It will save you many hours of frustration."

Best regards,
Dan Dye