[FWTools] extracting YXZ from ENC S-57 SOUNDG layer

Duguay, Wayne Wayne.Duguay at merinov.ca
Thu Aug 14 07:53:02 EST 2014

My goal is extracting X,Y,Z geometries from ENC S-57 SOUNDG layer cause I can't display Z value as water depth from this layer in QGis. So I was able to convert the layer to SHP file with FWTools. Now I want to convert my SHP file to CSV. I'm able to do it with -LCO GEOMETRY=AS_WKT but I would like the output to be one separated column for x,y and z. I read the documentation and saw that AS_XYZ was especially made for this purpose so I tried it and here's the result:

C:\windows\system32>ogr2ogr.exe -skipfailures -f "CSV" "C:\users\username\Desktop\csv" "C:\Users\username\Desktop\shp\soundg.shp" -lco GEOMETRY=AS_XYZ -nlt MULTIPOINT25D

Warning 1: Geometry type 3D Multi Point is not compatible with GEOMETRY=AS_XYZ.