[Geotiff] Re: How to add a projection to GeoTIFF?

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 22:55:36 EST 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:41:58 -0700 (MST), Bruce Raup <braup at nsidc.org> wrote:
> Frank et al.,
>
> I'm wondering what the status of this issue is (adding Cylindrical
> Equal-Area projection(s) to GeoTIFF).  Have we reached the finish line?
> Is there anything more I can do to help finish the process?

Bruce,

The short answer is that I completely forgot about this.  I have
now tentiatively committed a new projection method code
for  cylindrical equal area.

ValuePair(CT_CylindricalEqualArea, 28)

I have also updated the projections list web page for
cylindrical equal area to include the geotiff codes and to
mention the reference to Snyder.

Area there any objections from the community at large to
this addition?

I will try and prepare an example file to add to the sample
datasets shortly.

I am wondering if we should add a few other projection
methods, and along with the RPC support try and designated
a GeoTIFF 1.1 specification.