[Geotiff] How can users participate in additions to the current GeoTIFF spec leading to the next official specification?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 7 19:04:55 EST 2005

On 11/7/05, Nagle, Gail A (US SSA) <gail.nagle at baesystems.com> wrote:
> As a member of the GeoTIFF user community, I am wondering how the next
> version of GeoTIFF will be adopted.

Gail,

The community standards group at NASA has asked me to submit
GeoTIFF 1.0 through their process.  This would presumably give
a mechanism to later update the specification.

I have been actually quite slack on doing the work to bundle up the
spec and clean it up a bit for them.  Is there anyone else who might
be interested in doing such a task, perhaps with some feedback from
me and others on the list?

I suspect this NASA community standards process is the best way
to get the GeoTIFF spec moving again.

I don't know too much about the GeoTIFF 1.5 proposal floated
out of JPL.