[Geotiff] How can users participate in additions to the current GeoTIFF spec leading to the next official specification?

Daniel Denk djdenk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 03:21:26 EST 2005

What's the story behind the multi-layered data that can be allowed in
Geotiff 2.0? The NASA project (JPL?) that I read about, I assumed, was
making this a capability?
 I can only imagine what can be done with multi-layered Geotiffs. The GIS
serves as the glue, while the imagery 'product' can serve as the 'database'.
Not to mention, I gather that registrations would be interestingly more
accurate within datasets, layer to layer - or so one would hope that this
would be the workflow or approach toward building multiple-layered /
multi-informational datasets.
 The caveat however, is that no one in the compression market seems to be in
key with multiple-layered / multi-informational sets such as I describe. But
it would make for a very well-rounded provision for most who are providing
data to clients, and when those clients specify a range of data that would
otherwise have to be delivered per set and not as an all-in-one solution.
 Just some thoughts... Not positive if it applies here.