[Geotiff] how to convert a geotiff file to a special txt file

xiaosong xiaosongn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 01:36:37 EST 2007

Hi all
 I am really a newbie to this field.
 Recently I was dealing with a project of converting a geotiff file to
a specified .txt file.
The info included in the geotiff file is the terrain height info about
a certain area, the output file should be a .txt file with original
coordinate and the height info of that sample
point.
like 453.234   5768.7     53.2
      234.234   4345.5     45.4
         X               Y         height info

I search on the web and finally found this group. But I have no idea
about geotiff format.
Anyone can share some advice on this?
like what lib I should use? any tutorial material or website?
 thanks a lot in advance.
--
best regards

xiaosong