[Geotiff] libgeotiff 1.4.0 Release Candidate

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon May 23 16:10:00 EST 2011

Folks,

I have prepared a libgeotiff 1.4.0 release candidate at:

   http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.0RC1.tar.gz
   http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.0RC1.zip

Major changes since the 1.3.0 release early in 2010 include:

  - Upgrade to EPSG 7.6 database (from 7.4)
  - Fix GTIFGetDefn() to properly normalize false eastings and northings to
    meters.
  - Added unofficial GeogTOWGS84 geokey.

Also a variety of bug fixes have been applied.

I would appreciate folks trying out the release candidate.  I will wait a
few days before promoting it to a final release.  I will also not proceed
until at least one other person on the list has indicated their support
for promoting it to final release, based on their trying it out!