[Geotiff] libgeotiff 1.4.0 Release Candidate

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon May 23 16:47:14 EST 2011

On May 23, 2011, at 4:10 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have prepared a libgeotiff 1.4.0 release candidate at:
>
>   http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.0RC1.tar.gz
>   http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.0RC1.zip
>
> Major changes since the 1.3.0 release early in 2010 include:
>
>  - Upgrade to EPSG 7.6 database (from 7.4)
>  - Fix GTIFGetDefn() to properly normalize false eastings and northings to
>    meters.
>  - Added unofficial GeogTOWGS84 geokey.

- CMake configuration from Mateusz Loskot http://trac.osgeo.org/geotiff/ticket/17 was also added, but it has not been added to the autotools dist target yet.  I would like the chance to have this as part of the standard release, and I will do my best to keep this in sync with any libtool changes I make.

Howard