[ka-Map-dev] imagemap

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Mon Jul 24 10:40:44 EDT 2006

Hi Paul, Steve, all developers,
I've started again watching at a ka-map solution to show a very large
amount of points.

I've added Steve Lime as CC that may be interested in this issue.
Otherwise I'm sorry Steve, I'll not disturb you further.

I think everybody knows this site:
http://map.search.ch/index.en.html

when you click on all categories on the right, lots of points are
shown in the map and mouse over event is implemented showing
tooltips. as you can see, often tips are grouped.

Printing point as a normal ka-map/mapserver layer seems the same
solution. For event handling I'm trying to figure how it can be used
shpxy to generate imagemaps and how this can be used with mapscript.

In both cases a sort of collision system should be implemented.

I'm dreaming that shpxy could filter results doing itself the
collision system giving a list of Id (or what else) relative to
single "circle".
Is it possibile?
If yes, how?
and mapscript?

If shpxy can filter output with collision buffer, its output could be
parsed to permit also a simple img obj DOM appending for each point.
This is a light solution that could used too. I'm doing some tests
but I still don't know which is a valuable limit for images to be
appended.
There is a simple application made by me and Andrea some time ago
that gets WFS point a print them as image obj:
http://www.ominiverdi.org/ka-map/kappaCVS/rischio/htdocs/index_wfs.html

hoping for some lightening suggestion

ciao
Lorenzo