[ka-Map-dev] ka-Map Project Steering Committee

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue May 22 21:57:45 EDT 2007

Fellow ka-Mappers ...

its time to nominate folks for the ka-Map Project Steering Committee,
an organization that will be empowered by the community to make some
decisions about the future of ka-Map.  All the cool projects are
doing it, and we don't want to be left behind!

I think I am currently the benevolent dictator and I would like to
hand over the reigns of power to a more democratic decision making body.

Please send your nominations to the list, including why you think
that the person should be included in the project steering
committee.  Criteria that have worked for other projects seem to be:

* direct contributions to CVS
* helping out on the user list
* some developers and some (power) users
* control spread between several organizations or individuals (i.e.
not all DMSG employees)

For a relatively small project like kaMap, I would suggest that we
start with a PSC of 3 or 5 members.  Nominations will be accepted for
one week.  If there are no nominations, I will dictate the
nominations :)

Cheers

Paul