[ka-Map-users] Plotting data points (buildings)

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Sat Aug 13 10:34:45 EDT 2005

Ric,

you can do something like the following in javascript:

var poiCanvas = null;
var aPOIs = []; //array of points of interest that you populate
                 //assume each entry is an array of name/lon/lat
function plotPOIs()
{
     if (!poiCanvas)
     {
         poiCanvas = myKaMap.createDrawingCanvas( 1000 );
     }
     for( var i in aPOIs)
     {
         var img = document.createElement('img');
         img.src = 'images/poi.png'; //your image
         img.width = 18; //adjust accordingly
         img.height = 18;
         img.alt = aPOIs[i][0];
         img.title = aPOIs[i][0];
         img.poiIndex = i; //can be used later in an onclick
         img.onclick = myPOI_onclick;
         img.cursor = 'help'; //change cursor
         myKaMap.addObjectGeo( poiCanvas, aPOIs[1], aPOIs[2], img );
     }
}

function myPOI_onclick()
{