[ka-Map-users] apache crash

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Fri Dec 16 16:04:30 EST 2005

Hi Todd,

In using Apache 1.3.x, i never experimented any httpd nor php_mod
crashes in running kamap, mapserver, tomcat or, mainly, lots of
others special web/erp applications servers over the years (linux,
mac os x) and i can't figure me how this could be possible as long as
Apache don't handle by him-self all the rpc tasks he just redirect to
the apps and db back-ends trough sockets.

I would firstly suspect a php/mapscript misconfiguration in your
installation if you can confirm the problem.

About IE, as long as it just send a form, i don't think that this
browser can be responsible of the crash.

Did you have a look at the /var/log/httpd/... access and error log
files ?

Hope this can help,

Best Regards, Pierre

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores