[ka-Map-users] Re: CVS IE compatibility

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Mon Dec 19 18:55:48 EST 2005

I have had a lot of problems with IE, because it seems to try to load
everything at once.
(http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/ka-map-users/2005-August/000256.htm
l) Maybe in part because our server is not up to the load, although
Firefox always worked fine.

I suspect that Internet Explorer can not deal with loading too many
files at the same time. In Ka-Map, the number can rise very quickly,
especially with a few groups. Maybe it would be possible to design a
'queue' where images to be loaded get put on, and then control it to
only load a few images at a time. Currently IE tries to download >120
images at once, which it obviously can't anyway.

Regards,

Jacob