[ka-Map-users] Ka-map! documentation wiki

Paul Scott pscott at uwc.ac.za
Wed Dec 21 00:51:04 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 00:34 -0500, Moran Ben-David wrote:
> Though this doesn't address the open/closed wiki issue...
>
> I thought I'd suggest using TRAC (http://www.edgewall.com/trac/) to handle
> manage the project's documentation (including bugs, etc).

As long as we are suggesting systems, I thought that I would introduce
you all to the KINKY PHP Framework. My team develops and maintains the
code, so you will always be in contact for features etc. We are also
busy integrating web mapping into the system, so it could provide an all
round system for this purpose. I will gladly integrate ka-map! into the
framework as well.

We currently have spam-free wiki's, discussion forums, mailing list
integration that parses and analyses mailman lists, workgroups
(groupware type functionality), document repositories, CVS integration
and the feature list go's on and on. The system is also completely
multilingual, skinnable and able to do translations on the fly (in
forums, blogs etc)

I believe that this will greatly add to this project, and collaboration
in FOSS projects is a big thing with us!

A couple of URL's

http://fsiu.uwc.ac.za/  - CMS/Workgroups implementation
http://kngforge.uwc.ac.za/kng_unstable/ - Our test box (e-learning
implementation)