[ka-Map-users] blank map

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jul 20 17:38:46 EDT 2005

David,

you can create a custom javascript class that performs the same function
as the _layer class (say _myLayer) in kaMap.js and override the
behaviour of the setTile function to accomplish something like this.
The new setTile would pass the time parameters to the tile.php script.

You will need a customized version of init.php to create your custom
layer objects based on your needs, so if you mark a layer or group as
time-sensitive in some way, then when init.php is creating the
javascript to add new layers to a _map object, you can use _myLayer
instead of _layer and it will use your custom setTile to initialize tiles.

You will need a customized version of tile.php to accept time parameters
on the URL and do something specific like set metadata or do variable
replacement in the map file.

You will probably want to extend the caching to add an additional layer
of directories to include the timestamp OR always force drawing of
time-sensitive layers.  If you use single points in time, you may be
able to cache them, if you use arbitrary ranges then I would suspect it
would be better to not cache them (with the associated drop in
performance of course).

HTH

Paul