[ka-Map-users] Wrapping around ?

Edouard Lafargue elafargue at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 05:28:43 EDT 2005

   Hi,

  I just tried KaMap yesterday evening, it is really fantastic. For my
tests, I created a "real" Hello World: a simple map of the whole world
with a large TIF raster from Nasa and a shapefile of the world.

  What happens with this type of map, is that when I pan to the right of
New Zealand, the map becomes blank: this is understandable, of course,
but is there a way to make KaMap wrap around to the "other side" of the
world so that we get a continuous globe coverage? Or is this something
that I'm doing wrong on the mapserver side ?

   Otherwise, it all works pretty well. Next step for me is to use KaMap
as a mapserver interface to draw GPS track logs and waypoints.

Anyway, thanks for making this project Open Source !

Ed