[ka-Map-users] Caching timeout explanation

Munro, Derek MUNRODB at AGR.GC.CA
Mon Jun 6 11:16:23 EDT 2005

Hi Paul:

Two questions:

1. Could you explain the time out feature in caching? This appears to be
in tile.php:

header("Expires: " . date( "D, d M Y H:i:s GMT", time() + 31536000 ));
header("Cache-Control: max-age=31536000, must-revalidate" );

I assume that this is the number of seconds before a given tile will
time out from the data stamp?

What I want is to capture a series of tiles once that will not expire.
How do I do that (simply rem out these two lines)?

2. Is there any work being done on a *query current mouse position* so
that the current latitude and longitude would appear on the browser
page, for example, after a double mouse click?

Thanks,

Derek Munro