[ka-Map-users] First ka-map attempt..

Jeff Portwine jdport at veritime.com
Mon Jun 13 16:09:54 EDT 2005

Today I decided to take a closer look at ka-map and see what it would take
to make it work with my current php/mapscript application.    I tried to run
it on the Gmap-ms40 demo.   After I started it, I get the freference map in
the bottom right window but in the main window all I see are tiles flashing
across the window sequentially.   Each flash just shows a dead image icon
and then it jumps to the next tile and does the same thing.    Any idea what
I could have configured wrong that would cause that?

The biggest question mark for me so far, is the $szPHPGDModule setting.   I
don't have a php_gd.so anywhere on my system.   I tried copying
/usr/lib/libgd.so to the same directory where my php_mapscript.so  is at and
renaming it php_gd.so to see if that would help but it behaved the same way.

-Jeff