[ka-Map-users] First ka-map attempt..

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Jun 13 16:29:13 EDT 2005

Jeff,

on linux, you probably have the gd module compiled into PHP (that's the
default and there is no good reason to have changed it) so you should
probably reverse that change.

The 'flashing' tiles happen because the URL for the tile is somehow
causing an error to be triggered.  ka-Map tries to reload images that
fail in the hopes that a subsequent attempt will get the right image.

Imgaes can fail to load for a couple of reasons, but it most likely to be:

* tile cache configuration. Check the directory that you configured in
config.php to see if it is being created.  It could be a permissions problem

* tile creation errors.  Check to see if any tiles are being created
inside your cache directory.  If not, then it is likely a mapscript
problem ... try to get a URL to a tile (using firefox, you can use page
info and click the media tab, then load tile.php using one of these URLs
... you may get some debugging output?

* check your apache error log for php/mapscript errors