[ka-Map-users] First ka-map attempt..

Jeff Portwine jdport at veritime.com
Tue Jun 14 09:24:21 EDT 2005

I have not been able to figure out why I'm unable to display map tiles.   I
am still getting the "dead image" icon flashing sequentially through the
various tile locations.     It does appear to be generating the meta
tiles... but so far as I can tell it is not creating the small tiles.

When I look in the cache directory, I see this structure:
/tmp/kacache
     -gmap
          -15000000
              -def
                   -def
                        t-1000l-1000
                        t-1000l0
                        t0l-1000
                        t0l0

in each of those last directories is a meta directory which contains the
meta tile.png.
There is no directory created for small tiles... and if I'm understanding
correctly it's the small tiles that it's trying to display when it is
flashing the dead image icons.

Here is my configuration:
the gmap-ms40 map file is stored in /var/www/map/gmap-ms40/htdocs
kmap is installed in /var/www/map/kamap/htdocs
in the kamap config.php file:
$szPHPMapScriptModule = 'php_mapscript.'.PHP_SHLIB_SUFFIX;
$szPHPGDModule = 'php_gd.'.PHP_SHLIB_SUFFIX;

$tileWidth = 200;
$tileHeight =200;
$metaWidth = 5;
$metaHeight = 5;
$metaBuffer = 10;
$aszMapFiles = array(
  "gmap"   => array( "GMap", "/var/www/map/gmap-ms40/htdocs/gmap75.map",
                     array( 15000000, 7500000, 3000000, 1000000 ),
                     "PNG")
$szMap = 'gmap';
$szBaseCacheDir =  "/tmp/kacache/";

Anybody have any suggestions on why it seems the small tiles are not being
created?   The meta tiles are created so I assume that it isn't a
php/mapscript problem and i'm not getting any php/mapscript related errors
in my apache error logs.

Thanks,
Jeff