[ka-Map-users] Re: [Freegis-list] ka-Map: new open source project

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Thu May 19 03:43:19 EDT 2005

> Hi Radim,
>
> We appreciate the complement.
>
> There is no transaction support, but i suppose if you tie this in with
> something like geoserver it could be done.

What does it mean 'transaction' in this context?
I am interested in a function which can be used to collect interactively
coordinates of a new vector feature (point, line, polygon) in the current map.

> There is some plans for a dynamic addition of points based on a client's
> search, however no plans yet for lines or polygon vectors.  We'd love
> some help with this if you're interested in contributing, as soon as the
> source code is made available...or you can file an enhancement bug in
> www.maptools.org/bugzilla using the ka-Map product and core component.

OK, I am curious if there is some support for polygons with islands in javascript.
Are there available objects for OGC simple features in ka-map?
Do you plan to support vector layers (transfered and drawn vectors) in addition
to transparent raster tiles?

Radim