[ka-Map-users] Design goals: Combining WMS servers and launching with zoom an layer parameters?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri May 20 09:07:57 EDT 2005

Stefan,

currently the api is pretty lean.  You would accomplish your goals by
editing config.php to include your map file.  The map file extents are
used as the initial view.  The map file can contain references to WMS
layers.

A custom back end could easily be written to cause WMC to be loaded.

I don't have any plans to add this but would be willing to consider
contributions along these lines.

However, for your kind of application, you might want to consider
MapBuilder ... from what I understand, it is designed to work extremely
well with OGC stuff.  It lacks the continuous pan with tiling but does
include tons of great functionality in a pure javascript client.

I'm hoping to collaborate with Mike and Cameron to get the ka-Map style
rendering into their architecture so that we get the best of both worlds.