[ka-Map-users] JPEG output (and caching)

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Tue May 24 04:29:35 EDT 2005

Jacob,

this problem should be related to the line 109 in tile.php:

  $szCacheFile = $szCacheDir."/".$szTileId.".png";

Here the image extension is hardcoded and the browser cannot find the JPEG
files because it looks for PNG's. I modified it to

  szCacheFile = $szCacheDir."/".$szTileId.$GLOBALS['szImageExtension'];

and it worked fine for JPEG definition.

Armin

MESSAGE FROM jacob.delfos at maunsell.com:
I tried to configure it to output JPEG, having set the type to JPEG, and
changed imagepng to imagejpeg. But I only get broken images (both explorer
and firefox), even at the first load (where PNG did work). Looking in the
directory, it does seem to have created a number of jpeg images, but these
did not appear in the browser.

Another thing I can into: after changing to JPEG, I had to force the browser
to delete all temp files, because even with a shift-refresh it was showing
the old PNG files (which were not even in the temp directory anymore). I can
see how that would be a problem if the map content is updated.

Regards,

Jacob

JACOB DELFOS
SPATIAL INFORMATION ANALYST
Maunsell Australia Pty Ltd
629 Newcastle Street, Leederville, WA 6007
PO Box 81, Leederville, WA 6902
Western Australia
ABN 20 093 846 925

Tel     + 61 8 9281 6185