[ka-Map-users] scales in ka-map

Gregg Larson momo at purplegalaxy.com
Tue May 24 11:49:01 EDT 2005

Hello everyone.
I am Gregg Larson, aka "momolarson" on IRC.
BTW - Great project, I got the application working last night.

Here is the URL:  http://www.coloradohikers.com

I am trying to figure out scale with my application.  Basically, I want
to zoom in closer than the original size of the tiffs.

I tried setting my extents in the mapfile to a smaller area, but that
didn't work.
I tried setting a scale of .5 or .25 in the array in config.php but that
didn't work.

The best I could get was a scale of 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.   When I used
your scales included in the sample, my image was far,far removed.

I have been able to get this to work using the zoom in the basic sample
app that comes with MapServer.

Any suggestions?

Gregg