[ka-Map-users] cvs access available

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Sun May 29 21:32:44 EDT 2005

Chris,

Chris Tweedie wrote:
> Excellent work Paul. My first impressions based purely on frontend.. (no
> access to cvs until I get home)
>
> 1. Layer transparency is excellent - although a bit non-intuitive.
> 	a. Is there anyway we could define a new tag either in the
> mapfile (metdata?) or in the kamap layer config to specify default
> transparency values for layer groups?

sure ... a bit of javascript could handle that, plus some changes to the
init.php script I think

> 	b. Needs to be a way in which the user can identify the current
> transparency level.

well ... I'm not sure how useful it is to have the user change the
opacity anyway, this was more of a toy example.  Adding 1.a. above would
be more useful

> 	c. Perhaps a "slider" may be a more efficient way to set trans
> level? Will also not limit the user to the current 4 trans levels)?

yes ... but as with above, not sure if this is useful.

> 2. No overview map? Bug?

probably :)

> 3. Layer toggling seems fine, minus the bugs you've already mentioned.
>
> 4. Now that the underlying functionality is there, any plans for
> client-side layer ordering?

it would be easy to add, but I don't see much point ...