[ka-Map-users] Panning and zooming question

Moran Ben-David moran at place-base.com
Tue May 31 08:37:14 EDT 2005

You could do what we've done in http://pushpin.place-base.com (use usr/pwd =
demo/demo).  We snap the user to the closest zoom level to the extent they
chose with the zoom box.  I think it's a good solution.  Especially since,
the box is in most cases not forced to be in proportion to the map height
and width.

That is, the resulting extent should at least contain the extent selected by
the zoom box.  If that is the case, making it a little bigger to snap to a
zoom level isn't so bad.

Moran