[ka-Map-users] quick question

Matthew Edmondson matt0177 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:02:30 EST 2005

I fairly new to GIS (3 months) but have been using and have successfully set
up a mapserver/chameleon server. One of the requests I have now received was
to present constantly updated data on a web map.
 I searched the ka-map archives list but didn't find an answer to the
following question: Is it possible to have most of the data stay cached on
the client side but refreshing a individual point data layer to give to
appearance of real time updates, without the need to have the background GIS
data refreshing with it.
 Thanks,
 Matt