[ka-Map-users] Clipping of street names

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Oct 17 20:25:24 EDT 2005

John,

there is supposed to be a new setting in mapserver 4.6.1 (?) that
allows you to control an edge buffer that should prevent labels from
rendering in the edge of the map to avoid this particular problem.
If you are not running the most recent 4.6 then I suggest updating to
this version.

The code in tile.php that relates to this is:

/* Tell MapServer to not render labels inside the metaBuffer area
  * (new in 4.6)
  * TODO: Until MapServer bugs 1353/1355 are resolved, we need to
  * pass a negative value for "labelcache_map_edge_buffer"
  */
$oMap->setMetadata("labelcache_map_edge_buffer", -$metaBuffer);

metaBuffer is set in config.php