[ka-Map-users] Clipping of street names

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 17 18:19:09 EDT 2005

> We have been playing with kamaps and we have hit a glitch on
> printing
> street names on the map. It seems that kamaps or mapserver (we are
> not
> sure which is giving us problems) is clipping place names at the
> tile
> joins. The strange thing is that it doesn't occur in every instance.
> Rendering the map directly from map server works fine.

Hi John,
We had similar issues, it's entirely related to the tiling methodology and how MapServer is rendering those pesky labels.  I changed the config.php settings for tile height and width to:
$tileWidth = 400;
$tileHeight = 400;
cleared my cache and recreated the maps.  Looks a lot better now.  Play around with larger or smaller values and see if that helps.

Hope this helps you out.
Tyler