[ka-Map-users] Ka-map zoombox/rubberband example

Peter Giencke pgiencke at glc.org
Thu Sep 8 13:00:28 EDT 2005

Paul,

I got a quick and dirty zoombox/rubberband function written last night, it's
here:
http://mds.glc.org/kamap_cvs3/

For now, it's using ka-map's zoomToExtents function which is fed the
coordinates of the zoombox. Admittedly, this solution requires a fair number
of available scales (I'm using 4) to match the zoombox to the map's extent.
It's a fairly straightforward solution, using a div and css(loslrs.css) to
create the zoombox, and overrides (loslrs.js) ka-map's mouseup, mousedown,
and mousemove functions to control it.

Comments, questions, etc, lemme know,
-pete

PS our server is being slow today, so the app might be a bit sluggish....