[ka-Map-users] Re: Kamap Query System

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Sep 6 15:08:35 EDT 2005

Cool.

a rubber band zoom has not been done yet, I would love to have one.
However, for ka-Map I think it is important to implement a rubber band
zoom that is sensitive to both the aspect ratio of the current view AND
the available scales.  This means that the box should be drawn in the
same ratio of width to height and it should be drawn in sizes that match
what the user will seem when they actually zoom.  This means that the
box will 'snap' between various pre-set sizes as the user moves the mouse.

I'm not opposed to a different type of rubber band zoom, but I think
this one is the most visually accurate for the user and is the one I am
most likely to want to add :)  If you implement it differently and want
to contribute it, I'd like to hear arguments for/against my proposal
from the others on the list