[ka-Map-users] Highly Interested Developer with some questions

Clark Endrizzi cendrizzi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 14:16:54 EDT 2005

I run a development group that is developing a real estate application.(web
based). It's PHP and from the start we have had the idea of including
mapping software to integrate with mapping stuff. We've looked at multiple
web based mapping vendors, including Arc IMS, but haven't found something
that we consider a good solution. We want something that is easy to use like
Google maps but also very flexible. Furthermore it's important that we have
the ability to include it in our mostly closed source applicaton.

I'm not really a mapping guru as most of my incomplete knowledge comes from
a mapping group in the same building so I have some basic questions about
whether we can use ka-map and contribute to it as well.
1. Can you use aerial photography with ka-map? We use aerials provided by
air photo USA and want to use that on our web based stuff. I'm guessing
right now only street maps are supported. With aerials, we need to use these
images (they come in jpeg) and associate their world files (which have the
projection ifnormation in them). Is this something that could be done with
this software (if it doesn't exist now could it be realistically added?).

2. Could we expect to use this stuff by the end of the year? Based off the
examples it looks like ka-map is pretty far along...

Actually that's probably all the questions for now since our use of ka-maps
is contigent on them. Currently we have four developers including myself
with pretty extensive experience in web development, javascript (including
just starting to get into "ajax" stuff). I hope it's clear that we're not
trying to selfishly use and expect ka-maps to work for us as we're willing
to improve it to meet our needs if it doesn't have the functionality.

I hope this can work out since you have done excellent work!

Thanks,
--
-Clark Endrizzi