[ka-Map-users] Got it working

Clark Endrizzi cendrizzi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 14:26:48 EDT 2005

Tyler,

On your article you refer to a program called "shp2img" and say if you have
map server installed in a way that you can use it. How is that "way"?

Currently I got your example working along with some others I found.
However, I'm now trying to add my own stuff and it's not working. We use
arcGIS for our mapping and can't seem to get the files to show up on ka map
(it's terribly annoying having to empty the cache directory so that's why I
wanted that utility). This is the case with both our aerials and shape
files???

Basically I took your example map file and changed it's name and referenced
our tiff exported from our mapping software along with our shape files
instead of the examples (and changed ka maps config file to include it and
that seems to work as it's an options). At first we thought our projections
were off and that could be the problem, but we changed them to fit the
example's projection type and still nothing shows up. Furthermore I'm not
getting any errors that let me know what the issue is (I get the "PHP Fatal
error: [MapServer Error]: msImageLoadGD(): ((null)) in
/var/www/html/KaMap/keymap.php on line 38" error since I don't have a
reference map but I dont' have that on the example either and it works). If
you go to the cache directory, it is making tiled images but they're just
blank...

I'm guessing this is more of a issue concerning mapserver but if anyone has
any hints or experience doing the same I would really appreciate your
feedback. I've learned a lot in two days but I still have a ways to go.

Thanks,
Clark

--
-Clark Endrizzi