[ka-Map-users] Using multiple file-formats in a single map object.

Jeremy Malczyk jeremy at trails.com
Fri Sep 16 16:32:39 EDT 2005

Is it possible to have ka-map display two layers in differing file
formats? I have two layers within the same map object that work best in
different formats (one compresses much better with jpeg, the other is
already small and looks better as png or gif). The problem is that as
soon as I select this map ALL layers are drawn in the format specified
in config.php. I've considered separating them into different map
objects, but ka-map only uses one at a time, so that wouldn't work ...
right? Ideally, I think the file format of a layer should be
configurable from the  API via a setLayerImgFormat() sort of function.
This would require passing another parameter to tile.php that overrides
the format specified in config.php.

Ideas?

Jeremy