[ka-Map-users] Same API, but map images instead of tiles

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Sep 19 20:23:12 EDT 2005

I have no idea whether it would be better to create tiles of vectors
or render the vectors directly.  If it was SVG then I think rendering
vectors in the client would be best.

If you are planning to use wz_jsgraphics, I think you will find the
performance limiting, and its probably the best js graphics
library ... or at least, the best I have found ...

I'm not sure how Goggle does it ... I think in IE they use VRML
actually ...

Sparse tiles (i.e. transparent images of vectors) are really quite
small to download to the client and you get tons of benefits, so you
may find you are doing a lot of work for no benefit