[ka-Map-users] VPS

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Sep 21 15:13:08 EDT 2005

Hi Telonio,

The big problem with ka-Map is that it needs LOTS of disk space for
caching tiles. It will really depend on the amount of spatial coverage
you plan to have and the number of zoom scales and MOST important on
your smallest zoom scale, for North America the tile cache could grow to
2-4TB depending zoom scales. You can probably get away with a lot less
if you aggressively manage you tile cache, but this is at the expense of
needing to generate more tiles on the fly when you hit areas outside the
current cache.

-Steve W.