[ka-Map-users] slideBy

Charlton Purvis cplist at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 30 15:38:16 EDT 2005

Hi, folks:

I'm adding a time element to dynamically set the time-stamped raster file
that my DATA .map entry points to.  I have to hand it to you, Paul, you've
setup the ka-map .js so nicely that a js novice like me can find his way
around relatively painlessly.

The time $_REQUEST is passed along nicely, and the correct raster image
shows up just as plain as day.  So it's time to tell the display to refresh
itself.

I poked around and have found that slideBy(0,0) does the trick.  It works
fine, but I'm wondering if this is the best pick for what I'm trying to do.
(Imagine a sea surface temperature layer, if you will, that changes daily.
All I am doing is swapping out that layer based on the time.).

Again, slideBy is allowing me to slide right on by w/ flying colors --
because the SST layer is sandwiched in between other layers.  I'm just
running it past you.

Thanks,

Charlton