[ka-Map-users] Re: help

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Apr 5 08:18:51 EDT 2006

please subscribe to the ka-map-users mailing list and use this list
to get support on ka-map.

If you are using ms4w and have installed the ms4w package of ka-map,
the configuration should be fine unless you have changed it.  If you
have changed it (other than to add a new map file) then delete ka-map
and re-install so that you know you have a functioning ka-map.

ka-Map often fails if:

1) you enter an invalid path to the map file in config.php
2) you invalidate the php syntax in config.php when adding a new map
file
3) the map file you have just added has invalid syntax

You can test these conditions by loading http://localhost/ka-map/
init.php and seeing if you get any error messages.  If you see a
bunch of javascript code then your problem is likely elsewhere.