[ka-Map-users] Namibia Map

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Apr 13 21:30:10 EDT 2006

Hi,

1) not sure about this.  I'm not sure if the output format is case
sensitive but ka-Map will use JPEG rather than jpeg.  Try changing
the output format in your map file to upper case.  Also, between map
file changes you will need to delete everything in both your browser
cache and the kacache directory.

Also, my experience with JPEG is that this is pretty typical.  You
may get better quality out of PNG24.

2) the extents in your reference obj need to match the image.  The
aspect ratio of the extents has to be the same as the image size.  If
you use mapserver to generate the keymap image, you may have
requested extents that don't match the image size and mapserver
silently adjusts the extents for you.

3) it would be better to use a tiff and to optimize it using gdal
(there are some howtos on this on the mapserver site)