[ka-Map-users] Scalebar

ramesh karra karrarm at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 21:24:36 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am using the kaMap's scalebar and my map has six
scales. At the highest level the scales are shown as

0  1.5  3.0  4.5  in kilometers

When I zoom in one level they are shown as

0  1  2  3

When I zoom in one more level they are shown as

0  0.5  1.0  1.5

so far good...

When I zoom in one more level the scales do not get
changed and are shown as

0  0.5  1.0  1.5

but because the map has zoomed in, the length of the
scale is double that of previous zoom level!

This is basically correct but the length of the line
drawn is doubled and I am wondering if there is anyway
the scales can become

0  0.25  0.5  0.75

so that the length of the line does not get doubled.
There is probably some rounding error somewhere, not
sure where and how I can fix this.

I would appreciate any help in this...

Thanks
Ramesh