[ka-Map-users] Re: kaMap - resource hogger?

ramesh karra karrarm at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 10:35:54 EDT 2006

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply paul!

I suspected memory leak/garbage collection as the
issue but I was not sure if this the case with kaMap
or AJAX in general.

Are there any tools(like DOM Inspector) available to
see what objects are currently (allocated) in the
memory?

I am using firefox and not IE. Next time, I will keep
an eye on the amount of memory in use by firefox.

My map data is relatively small and is static. So, I
do not expect the mapserver/kaMap to create tiles
again and again.

Thanks again,
Ramesh