[ka-Map-users] kaMap - resource hogger?

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Thu Apr 27 04:10:22 EDT 2006

Ramesh,

KaMap is pretty intense, and on pc's with even higher specs you can run
into issues. Laptop's would probably be quite shocking, because they
tend to be slower because performance is sacrificed for size. I find
that even with running Chameleon applications, if the server and the
browser are on the same machine, performance can be quite slow. With
Ka-Map, that would be even more pronounced, because the client (browser)
takes up a lot of CPU and RAM as well. I think KaMap is simply not
designed as a 'presentation tool' for on a laptop. The harddisk
bottleneck would really get in the way.

Regards,

Jacob