[ka-Map-users] ka-map short term future [ was: Drawing polygon in ka-map]

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Thu Aug 10 16:50:09 EDT 2006

 >  I think the challenge for us is to find good work-a-rounds  so we
can move forward with building tools.

Hi Stephen, you are right in this point too.

In the next future I'll have to face many little enhancements related
to actual interface.
I would like to offer a comfortable interface for most users.
Most features are already ok, I think, but I'll love to refine
Identify/query system and the search system. With Andrea we are
working an independent hilite system that's mostly developed. This
should be called from a query table or from the search table
independently, I guess this will be nice.

Then I guess we miss only two stupid features: navigation history and
measure function.
the first one is simple but has the risk to add another calculation
over the event extent_changed that's already charged (in my opinion).
the second one need a technology to draw lines that should be
vectorial and it's once again not clear. Maybe PG ObjectOverlay API
is perfect for this job.
who want's to work on this is welcome.

All features like editing vectorial elements should start to be
evaluated after version 1.0 is out and stable.
I'll surely love to put my hands on that code!

ciao
Lorenzo