[ka-Map-users] Point Query drawing

Martijn van Exel M.vanExel at bridgis.nl
Fri Aug 25 09:00:10 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm creating a web app that allows users to geocode through a ka-map
interface.

I got the technical stuff, only the aesthetics are an issue now.
Actually, two issues.

One: In IE6, with (point) query mode enabled, a click in the map draws a
vertical bar from the clicked point down. Firefox draws a point, th
expected behaviour.

I think this has to do with the odd assumption IE makes that a <div>
should at least be high enough to contain a line of text.

To work around this, the definition of the element could be dependent on
the query type (point or rect) in kaQuery lines 112+. (version 0.2). For
a point, a small circle (possibly a character?) could be drawn. I tried
a quick workaround but I'm not much of a DOM expert, so my question
would be whether anyone else can aome up with something, or has.

Two: the selection is a few pixels off, it seems. In IE, the selection
marker appears about 3 pixels right and down from the clicked point. In
FF, it seems to be more accurate but still not entirely. Is this a known
issue or did I screw up something tweaking the default page layout?

Thanks,

Martijn

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Bridgis B.V.