[ka-Map-users] PyWPS on ka-Map

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Wed Dec 13 05:29:15 EST 2006

Dear list,
here at Ominiverdi we have a new component, Doktoreas, that invited
me to help him in his nice project: to put GRASS on ka-Map.

The project actually has a wider target as Doktoreas started to refer
to PyWPS to access system calls.
PyWPS is an implementation of the OCG WPS standard:
http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/requests/28

the PyWPS site is:
http://pywps.wald.intevation.org/

PyWPS has a "natural" link to GRASS but can easily be extended with
direct calls to other great software as R, GDAL, ecc.

My first implementations of Doktoreas's scripts are available here:
http://pywps.ominiverdi.org/ka-map/htdocs/index_wps.html
http://pywps.ominiverdi.org/ka-map/htdocs/index_wps_winman.html

other samples of GRASS interaction are available here:
http://pywps.ominiverdi.org/subversion/trunk/web/

all this are concept applications and much code has to be written and
refined.
Installation process in not easy, anyway my ka-Map code is available
on CVS. I will not give support on installation until this code will
be considered stable.

An enhancement that could be soon integrated on Hilite system is the
SLD support to force styles of overlay layer.

as usual, I'll be happy to receive comments and suggestions

thanks
Lorenzo