[ka-Map-users] Calculating number of tiles in cache

Shoaib Burq hydromap at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 07:30:26 EST 2006

Thanks heaps Paul

I was having trouble with converting geographic extents to pixels for
a given scale
Then realized the scale is worked out in inches...
so now i'm doing this:

CellSize @ given scale = Scale/(image resolution * inches-per-mapUnit)
PixelExtents = (GeoExtents * inches-per-mapUnit)/CellsSize
Num-of-Tiles = PixelExtents/TileSize
Total Tiles = Num-of-Tiles * Num-of-Tiles  ... (assuming square tiles)

look right to you?
cheers
shoaib