[ka-Map-users] JavaScript scalebar

Tim Schaub tim at commenspace.org
Wed Jan 4 13:23:34 EST 2006

Hi All-

I've packaged up a client side scalebar that I think will be useful for
ka-map.  You can play with configuring it here:
http://mapserver.commenspace.org/tools/scalebar/

Features:
- styled by CSS
- simple configuration with javascript
- tries very hard to display nice looking numbers
- works for a wide range of scales
- English & Metric

I had planned on tying it in to ka-map next week, but I heard rumblings
of a release, so I thought I'd see if anybody else wanted to take a
swing at it.  I'm happy to do any tweaks that would make it easier.  I
think the page above should be enough to figure it out, but if any
documentation or example usage is needed, I can put something together.

This has been tested in Firefox, IE, Netscape, Opera, and somewhat on
Safari (through iCapture).  One known limitation is that Opera users
always get the default style (no support for Document.StyleSheets
property).  I'm interested to get feedback from any other browsers.

If you find it useful, let me know if there is anything I can do to get
it in the next release.

Tim Schaub

CommEn Space <http://www.commenspace.org>