[ka-Map-users] setting transparency for a layer

T.Hens at bjoernsen.de T.Hens at bjoernsen.de
Mon Jan 9 05:14:03 EST 2006

Dear List,
also the problem tranparency is already listed, i did not get a solution for my problem. I have to draw a polygon shape with transparency 50 over a raster dataset. In Chameleon it works fine for FireFox and IE, but the same map file in ka-map causes problems in IE: only the raster layer is visible, the 50% transparent polygons are not visible.
I tried to use gif output, but transparency of 50% did not work in Firefox and IE, the polygons were drawn, but without transparency.
I use the following settings in the Mapfile
OUTPUTFORMAT
NAME PNG
DRIVER "GD/PNG"
MIMETYPE "image/png"
IMAGEMODE RGBA
EXTENSION "png"
FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=ON"
TRANSPARENT ON
END
LAYER
NAME "Wassertiefe HQ 100"
GROUP "Wassertiefe"
STATUS ON
DATA "wt/wt_hq100"
TYPE POLYGON
CLASSITEM "wtiefe"
UNITS METERS
SIZEUNITS PIXELS
TOLERANCE 0
TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
TRANSPARENCY 50
TEMPLATE "foo"
METADATA
"WMS_TITLE" "Wassertiefe HQ 100"
"WMS_ABSTRACT" "Wassertiefe bei HQ 100, Abfluss 1200 m³/s"
END
END
What can i do to get the polygons 50% transparent in IE and Firefox?
Best regards,
Thorsten