[ka-Map-users] Customizing ka-Map

David Badke dbadke at uvic.ca
Tue Jan 24 18:48:50 EST 2006

So many questions...

What parts of the ka-Map code are "safe" to modify? By "safe" I mean
code modules that can be customized for local needs while still staying
in step with the ka-Map developers. Obviously the interface stuff like
index.html can and will be customized, and (I assume) config.php, but
what about startup.js? If I add support for another tool button or put
my own query code in myQuery, what happens if changes are made to the
"official" startup.js? Same for other modules. I have already added code
to config.php, which has a section at the end labeled "END OF
CONFIGURABLE STUFF - unless you know what you are doing" followed by
some utility functions - is that stuff going to change? Will I have to
put my own code back into newly released code, or merge the changes, or
what? How are people handling this?

David