[ka-Map-users] Precaching w/ labels

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jul 6 08:05:16 EDT 2006

Stephan,

ka-Map uses a couple of tricks:

* draw large maps and slice up into smaller tiles (and cache on disk
so we only do it once)

* use a buffer around each larger map draw to clean up edge effects
and prevent labels from appearing too close to each other.

You can set up mapserver as a WMS client to use in drawing the tiles,
but this may have the unexpected side effect of having sliced labels
near the edge of each of the larger tiles